Friday, November 23, 2007

I'm Thankful For Ron Paul

I'm Thankful For Ron Paul

Education has turned into micromanagement in this country. As a tiny example, just yesterday my wife told me about a local day care center that requires toddlers, 18 to 28 months old, to rotate from one pre-planned activity to the next in 10 minute intervals in order to "expose" them to various things. It never occurs to the day care operators that they are training these kids to develop Attention Deficit Disorder, which will be treated further down the line by drugging them.

All this makes it very difficult to be grateful. So as I lay in bed this morning, wondering what I was grateful for on Thanksgiving Day 2007, the following thoughts came to me.

I'm grateful for my wife, Louise who helps make the insanity of our society go away when we're having our private time together by simply being who she is and by loving me for who I am. No greater gift has ever been given to me in my life.

I'm grateful for the fact that I still have a roof over my head. I don't know how long that will last, given the state of the real estate and mortgage markets, but I'm grateful that it's still there.

I'm grateful for the fact that there is still food on the table, despite every attempt by the government to micromanage it, too.

I'm grateful that a minority of people in this country are showing signs of waking up to what's really going on. I see them in the Paulites, that strange, diverse, and often disenfranchised motley crew of Americans who are standing up against all odds and fighting back in peaceful ways that most people don't even notice.

And I'm grateful for candidate Ron Paul, who is daring to say what America most needs to hear, within a party which has deliberately ignored and forgotten the basic truths he is uttering.

It is my most fervent prayer that Ron Paul will win the New Hampshire primary on January 8, 2008 and set the political world on its ear. I don't expect it to happen, but I pray for it anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home